For 1953 Lagonda increased the engine capacity of its 2.6 Litre model to 3.0-litres and revised the range to comprise a two-door Fixed-Head Coupe and a Drophead Coupe; both built by its Aston Martin subsidiary, Tickford. A four-door Saloon was added in 1954 and a MKII version of all 3.0 Litre variants introduced later the same year - it featured a floor-mounted gearchange and optional heater, radio and integral hydraulic jacks. Just 270 3-litre-engined cars were made, only a small percentage of which were Drophead Coupes; good examples of which are now much coveted.
This 1955 one is finished in Maroon and trimmed in Beige leather. Its first keeper is understood to have been G.E. Bissell & Co, following which it was acquired by another company before heading to Sweden in 1974. It was from there that the vendor purchased `CSL 787' in 2000. It has subsequently been treated to a considerable degree of mechanical work, including a thorough engine overhaul by Headshop - the vendor now regards the unit as "excellent". He describes the car's bodywork as "straight and dent free", the paintwork as "average but rather dull", the trim as "well used" and the manual gearbox as "okay". This rare Lagonda currently displays an unwarranted 33,258 miles and is MOT'd until April 2013.